Delegation is beneficial to both the manager and employee. When effective delegation occurs, the manager is able to focus on strategic tasks, and the employee is learning and developing new skills. Effective delegation requires identifying the appropriate task and the team member fit for an assignment, a discussion that is thorough and sets an individual up for a successful learning outcome, and feedback throughout the assignment to support the individual and adjust the assignment as needed.
In this session, Virginia Maglio of Optimum Development will address all the requirements to set an individual up for a successful outcome when they take on a new assignment.
In this session participants will:
– Determine the need for and value of delegation and its benefits to the manager and employee’s development.
– Use a delegation model to determine and build a delegation assignment.
– Communicate clearly and concisely and consider individual needs during a delegation discussion.
– Describe techniques to help an employee manage an assignment and achieve success.
– Deliver specific and constructive feedback on progress.
– Share action plan for effective delegation.
Virginia Maglio, Optimum Development
Virginia Maglio provides learning and development consulting in a variety of areas. She ensures individuals have the skills and knowledge that support the overall goals of the business. By exploring an organization’s strategy, vision, mission, and culture she builds the optimum learning solution. Virginia has experience in the areas of leadership and professional skills development. She has developed and facilitated a variety of programs to meet leadership skills at all levels. Her engaging and interactive style provides a positive learning experience at every level of an organization. Virginia received a bachelor’s degree in Education from Bridgewater State University, and a master’s degree in Training & Development from Lesley University.
Member price: $75
Non-member price: $200
Cancellation Policy: Reimbursement only for cancellations received at least 5 business days before the event.
Confirmation Policy: We only send confirmations via email. Please email Nina Walat at email@example.com or 508.598.9679 if you do not receive a confirmation email.