Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo and Senate President Karen Spilka have announced their leadership teams and committee assignments for the 2019-2020 legislative session, including the powerful Ways and Means Committee chairs.
In the Senate, Spilka’s Majority Leader is Sen. Cynthia Creem and President Pro Tempore is William Brownsberger; and in the House, DeLeo’s No. 2 and 3 continue to be Rep. Ronald Mariano as Majority Leader and Rep. Patricia Haddad as Speaker Pro Tempore.
Both chambers have new chief budget managers. Sen. Michael Rodrigues and Rep. Aaron Michlewitz will lead the state budgeting process and are primarily responsible for crafting the state spending plan for FY ’20, which begins July 1.
Other committee assignments of note to human services providers include:
- Health Care Finance, which will be co-chaired by Rep. Jen Benson and Sen. Cindy Friedman;
- Joint Committee on Mental Health, Substance Use and Recovery, co-chaired by Rep. Marjorie Decker and Sen. Julian Cyr;
- Children, Families and Persons with Disabilities, co-chaired by Rep. Kay Khan and Sen. Sonia Chang-Diaz;
- Education, co-chairs Rep. Alice Peisch and Sen. Jason Lewis;
- Higher Education, co-chairs Rep. Jeffrey Roy and Sen. Anne Gobi;
- Labor and Workforce Development, co-chairs Rep. Paul Brodeur and Sen. Patricia Jehlen; and
- Public Health, co-chairs Rep. John Mahoney and Sen. Jo Comerford.
For the complete list of House leadership and committee assignments, click here.
For the complete list of Senate leadership and committee assignments, click here.
If you have questions about the committees, the Providers’ Council bills or other public policy matters, please email Bill Yelenak at email@example.com.Back to All News