2023 Annual Convention & Expo Workshop Tracks
Workshop Proposals for the 48th Annual Convention & Expo are now closed, workshops will be featured here shortly!
The Providers’ Council is accepting workshop proposals for the 48th Annual Convention & Expo: Advocate | Act | Achieve. This event is a call to action and celebration of the sector, with nonprofit human service providers, businesses and state agencies expected to attend.
This event will take place on October 2, 2023, at the Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel.
Workshops are 90 minutes and attended by a wide range of participants, providing a breadth of exposure to the local human service community. These workshops are featured in the convention registration brochure and on the Council’s website, and convention presenters receive complimentary admittance to the day’s full program.
Attendance can vary from 20 to 150 participants from across all human service agency positions, typically skewing toward middle to executive management.
Depending on the workshop’s topic, the Providers’ Council works to accredit workshops through the Society for Human Resource Management, as well as for social workers, licensed mental health counselors and licensed alcohol and drug counselors.
Applicable workshops should adhere to one or more of the following tracks:
- Administrative & Finance
- Clinical & Direct Care Programs
- Human Resources
- Personal Growth & Wellness
- Supervision & Management
- Presenter contact and general information
- Primary presenter background information
- Applicants that have not previously presented at a Providers’ Council convention will be asked to provide two professional references.
- Workshop proposal
- Items required in this section include the following:
- Workshop title
- Selection of topics area(s) covered and teaching method(s) utilized
- 50-word workshop summary
- Three learning objectives
- Three bibliographic references that this workshop draws from
- Workshop materials requested
All completed submissions will be reviewed by the Council’s Education & Convention Committee based on the following criteria:
- Clear and concise workshop description
- Well-defined, measurable learning objectives
- Experience (professional and lived) of presenter related to the workshop topic
- Relevance of topic, as it relates to human service providers
Please direct any questions to Nina Walat.