The Caring Force is pleased to announce that our March TCF Workforce Hero Spotlight honoree is Tina Yarborough, Direct Care Staff II at Hairston House, Gandara Center.
1. Tell us about your background. How did you decide to pursue a career in human services?
I have been working in human services for about 14 years as a direct care in residential and PCA. I enjoy the work I do and it brings joy in helping others.
2. What does a typical day look like for you at your organization?
I interact with the residents throughout the day, while having conversations regarding their job, discussing any issue they may need help resolving, goals they are working towards, how are they feeling in general, and how their day is going, along with putting together ideas of group trips they would like to do.
3. What is your favorite professional memory?
My favorite professional memory is when I was facilitating a group and the residents were very open regarding their personal journey and the emotional roller coaster they encountered.
4. This question is from our February TCF Workforce Hero Spotlight, Christine Meiklejohn: What is an obstacle you have overcome in your professional life that you are most proud of?
The obstacle I have overcome working in this field is understanding addiction and applying it to my personal life with family members who are struggling with addiction.
5. Do you have a question for the next person we spotlight?
My question for the next person you spotlight is what has been your experience working in human services?
Thank you so much to Tina and all of our wonderful human services workers who bring joy and passion to work every day! We are so thankful for your efforts and for making the Commonwealth a better place.
The Caring ForcBack to All Blog Posts