What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you apply for membership, register for an event on our website, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When registering for an event or taking another action on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, employer, job title or zip code. You may, however, use many functions of our site anonymously.
What do we use this information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. By using a member account, which requires some personal information, you will have access to members-only resources that we do not provide to the general public.
- To improve our website. We continually improve our website based on the information and feedback you give us. We also use analytic tools to determine which of our pages are heavily trafficked.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your requests and support needs by helping us understand who is using the site.
- To process transactions. Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever. We only use information to deliver the purchased product, training or service requested.
- To send period emails. The email address you use for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. You may also receive occasional Providers’ Council news, updates, related information, etc. at the supplied email address.
You may unsubscribe from Providers’ Council e-mails at any time by clicking a link at the bottom of those messages. As of November 2019, our e-mail provider — Constant Contact — has a Safe Unsubscribe option at the bottom of each e-mail. After clicking that link, you will no longer receive messages from the Providers’ Council.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order.
The Providers’ Council allows PayPal to handle all online e-commerce transactions. The Providers’ Council does not receive credit card information through our website.
Cookies and IP Addresses
We also collect other types of information that do not allow us to identify your name, e-mail address or other personal characteristics. This “non-personal information” includes the number assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet (your “IP address”) and the type of browser you use. None of this non-personal information allows us to identify you or contact you. We use this information to help us evaluate how users are accessing providers.org.
Do we disclose information to any outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, serving you or providing services and benefits to members of the Council — so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or protect our or other rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information — such as aggregated web traffic — may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the policies, content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older. Should we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it to remain consistent with COPPA.
Changes to our policy
This policy was last modified on November 12, 2019.