The Human Services Providers Charitable Foundation, Inc. has confirmed the panelists who will discuss the latest UMass Donahue Institute report on the human services workforce crisis at a luncheon forum following the Providers’ Council’s 48th Annual Membership and Business Meeting.
The new report — “Essential or Not? The Critical Need for Human Services Workers” — will be discussed by:
- Christina Citino, senior research manager at the University of Massachusetts Donahue Institute
- Senator Cindy Friedman, Vice Chair of the Senate Ways & Means Committee
- Lauren Jones, secretary of the Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development
- Sandra McCroom, president and CEO of Children’s Services of Roxbury
- Kate Walsh, secretary of the Executive Office of Health and Human Services
The luncheon forum will be held on Wednesday, May 3 from noon to 2 p.m. at The Verve Hotel in Natick. Providers’ Council President/CEO Michael Weekes will moderate the forum. Space at the event is limited.
Council members are encouraged to attend the Annual Membership and Business Meeting at 10:30 a.m. for the election of the Board of Directors and to hear committee reports and highlights from the past year.
The afternoon luncheon will begin at 12 p.m., first featuring the release of our new report with a presentation from Citino, who authored the report. Following the presentation, Walsh, Jones, Sen. Friedman and McCroom will discuss the report, growing vacancies in the workforce and the impact it could have on the hundreds of thousands of Massachusetts residents who depend on this sector for essential services.Back to All News