This workshop will provide strategies to manage and encourage positive and professional communication. We will identify different types of work relationships both internally, with our immediate work teams, and externally, outside of the organization. Our emphasis will be on stating positive intent in a respectful manner best-matched to the mission of the program, organization and people being supported. Ten ideas will be presented including how to address people with different personality types, how to handle negative interactions and gossiping.
This training will take place from 10 a.m. to noon via Zoom on Thursday, March 19. Participants will receive the Zoom join information after registering.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Learn or review steps to communicating positively and naturally;
- Learn three ways to address people who bring negative energy and attitudes to the work environment;
- Learn three strategies that will enhance positive communication with people of different personality types;
- State why gossiping in the workplace creates a negative work environment; and
- Develop a personal conflict management plan to address their specific workplace areas of concern based on models presented
Presented by: Christine Singer, Your Personal Best: Workshops for Success
This program has been approved for 3 Social Work Continuing Education hours for relicensure, in accordance with 258 CMR. NASW-MA Chapter CE Approving Program, Authorization Number D81307.