Are you trying to connect with local colleges and universities to seek potential interns and employees? The Providers’ Council is bringing together human services HR and recruiting staff and representatives from local colleges and universities with strong social work and public service programs to discuss the best ways to meet and recruit students. During this free, members-only roundtable, representatives from Boston College, Bunker Hill Community College, Northeastern University, Suffolk University, University of Massachusetts-Boston, and Framingham State University will provide an inside look at their internship/co-op programs and career resource services to help you better understand the best ways to reach their talented students. There will be time for questions and networking at the end of the panel discussion.
This roundtable will take place from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 27th, at the Providers’ Council Learning Center in Framingham. In the case of snow cancellation, the roundtable will be moved to Thursday, March 5th.
This event is free and being held exclusively for Providers’ Council members.
University representatives will discuss:
- How they manage their internship programs;
- Best practices around successful student placements with agencies; and
- Successes and challenges of job and internship placements.
- Susan Coleman, LICSW, Assistant Dean for Field Education, Boston College School of Social Work
- Stephanie Bryszkowski, Director of Career Development & Internships, Bunker Hill Community College
- Lisa Worsh, M.Ed, Senior Cooperative Education Faculty Coordinator, Northeastern University
- Joanna Lazarek, M.Ed., Associate Director of Internships and Alumni Career Engagement, Suffolk University
- Carroy (Cuf) Ferguson, PhD, Associate Professor & Human Service Internship Coordinator, University of Massachusetts-Boston
- Dawn Ross, Director of Career Services, Framingham State University
If you have any questions, please contact Eliza Adams by email or phone: 508-598-9700.