Success as an agency and mission fulfillment are directly linked to every supervisor’s ability to effectively utilize the knowledge, skills and abilities of all employees. This training will focus on effective team building techniques and unit cohesion in a constantly changing work environment and will address the virtual setting in which we currently work. Join us to gain an understanding of your role as a team leader, learn how to work more effectively with individual differences, identify how they come to light virtually, and develop an action plan to sustain a successful team.
During this training, you will discover how to:
- Be an effective team leader and assess your effectiveness and how to adapt in a virtual setting;
- Describe your team’s purpose, impact on the organization and the results it is expected to achieve;
- Identify the characteristics of a successful team and the strengths and opportunities of your own team;
- Define your team’s current stage of development, its characteristics for success and how you can move to the next stage of team development;
- Define the different motivational needs of individuals; and
- Identify team member work styles to meet their motivational needs on site and in a virtual setting.
Location and Time: 5/27/2021 9am -12:30pm
Presented by: Virginia Maglio, Optimum Development
Virginia Maglio provides learning and development consulting in a variety of areas. She ensures individuals have the skills and knowledge that support the overall goals of the business. By exploring an organization’s strategy, vision, mission, and culture she builds the optimum learning solution. Virginia has experience in the areas of leadership and professional skills development. She has developed and facilitated a variety of programs to meet leadership skills at all levels. Her engaging and interactive style provides a positive learning experience at every level of an organization. Virginia received a bachelor’s degree in Education from Bridgewater State University, and a master’s degree in Training & Development from Lesley University.
*This program has been approved for 3 Social Work Continuing Education hours for relicensure, in accordance with 258 CMR. NASW-MA Chapter CE Approving Program, Authorization Number D81244.
The Providers’ Council is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
This program is valid for 3 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.