About the Scholarship
The Providers’ Council, in partnership with Suffolk University will offer a scholarship exclusively available to graduates of the Certificate in Nonprofit Human Service Management program. This Master of Public Administration Scholarship will grant two Suffolk University students a $4,000 award each towards tuition for the Master of Public Administration program.
- Applicants must have successfully completed the Providers’ Council’s Certificate in Nonprofit Human Service Management program at Suffolk University within the past seven years.
- Applicants must currently be employed of a Providers’ Council member agency in good standing.
- Applicants must have been accepted into the Master of Public Administration program at Suffolk University.
- Applicants must show through their resumes, personal statements, and references a commitment to a career in the human services sector.
Completed applications must include the following:
- 2-3 page (double-spaced) personal statement on how graduate education will help you achieve your professional goals and further contribute to human services.
- Statement of financial need on how this scholarship affects your ability to attend the MPA program.
- Letter of acceptance to the Master of Public Administration program at Suffolk University.
- Transcript from Certificate in Nonprofit Human Service Management Program.
- Two letters of professional and/or academic recommendation
- At least one letter of recommendation must come from the applicant’s supervisor discussing the candidate’s commitment to the field of human services, the contributions the candidate has made to their agency, and their potential to assume a leadership position within the agency.
- Signature of approval from the agency’s executive director or CEO.