From Zoom crashes and tech issues to kids running around in the background, working remotely presents new challenges every day. This session will put YOU in the driver’s seat by examining both attention and time management from different perspectives. You will learn what kind of focus and attention you should give to work tasks, how you use your time, what things always get done and why some things just do NOT get done. We’ll consider how we manage our personal work priorities and the role of technology in our lives to determine what changes are needed to increase both productivity and job satisfaction.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between attention management and time management as they relate to working remotely;
- Identify a minimum of three things that get in the way of working more productively as well as realistic solutions;
- Assess how conflict and communication contribute to your success or lack of success;
- Identify when technology supports your work and when it disrupts your work; and
- Develop a personal work plan focused on achieving significant results.
- Christine Singer, M.Ed., President, Your Personal Best: Workshops for Success