Creating a culture of equity and inclusion starts with you. During this two-day workshop, you’ll honestly examine your values, beliefs and biases which will help determine your own path to a strong commitment to racial equity. You’ll bring this new perspective to the second part of the workshop, which will focus on your role in contributing to creating and maintaining a culture of racial equity within the workplace. What does it look like when an agency commits to this work? What are the personal and organizational barriers you may expect to encounter? We’ll discuss these critical questions and more during these sessions.
This 2-day workshop will take place on Thursday, September 23rd from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Thursday, September 30th from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Please note that all registrants are expected to attend both sessions in full.
In this 2-day workshop, you will:
- Examine your personal beliefs, biases, and assumptions about race – past and present.
- Develop a Personal Action Plan for developing racial equity skills.
- Identify how your organization can make changes to promote racial justice and inclusion; and
- Develop the framework to create a race equity action plan for your organization.
- Barbara Holland, Chief Diversity Officer, Advocates
- Comma Williams, Founder, Comma Williams Enterprises
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are unable to host this training at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience, please visit our events page of other training opportunities.
This program has been approved for 8 Social Work Continuing Education hours for licensure, in accordance with 258 CMR. NASW-MA Chapter CE Approving Program, Authorization Number D90244-2
The Providers’ Council is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
This program is valid for 8 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.