On Friday, March 20, the Providers’ Council filed testimony with EOHHS in support of 101 CMR 420.00, Rates for Adult Long-Term Residential Services.
The Council made a few suggestions for EOHHS to include when implementing the new rates to meet the mandate of Chapter 257, including:
- Salaries: The Council asked EOHHS to review market wages for all positions — in particular direct care workers and clinicians — and ensure salaries are adequate to allow providers to recruit and retain staff in an increasingly competitive job market.
- Tax and Fringe: The Council asked EOHHS to review the tax and fringe rate, noting a more appropriate rate would be between 25 and 30 percent.
- Specialty Programs: The Council requested EOHHS increase salaries in model budgets for bilingual staff, ASL-trained staff and interpreters.
- Medical Model (Level 4): The Council asked DDS to fund Medical Model Level 4 programs through the use of nursing add-ons.
- Rates for Food: The Council supported its members’ request that EOHHS increase the food budget within the ALTR rates.
You can also download the Council’s full testimony. For more information, please email Bill Yelenak.