Five Point Agenda for Human Service Reform
The Five Point Agenda for Human Service Reform helps guide the Providers' Council as it focuses on improving the community human services sector. The board of the Providers' Council revised and finalized the following Five Point Agenda in September 2008, and the Council will use this as our guiding principles moving forward.
1. Develop and promote our sector's workforce
2. Drive the creation of innovative and effective business models to serve the public good
3. Expand the role of the provider and nonprofit sector as a prerequisite for a strong, healthy economy while building caring communities
4. Advocate for fair and adequate purchase of service systems, governmental rules and practices promoting financially sustainable organizations
5. Foster sectors' innovative and effective models of services to program participants