Drew Dudley to keynote Council’s 37th Annual Convention
Contact: Bill Yelenak
Phone: 617-428-3637 x122 (office) | 860-919-0369 (cell)
BOSTON – Nuance Leadership founder Drew Dudley will deliver the keynote address at the 37th Annual Providers’ Council Convention & Expo at the Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel on Wednesday, November 28.
The event, the largest of its kind in the Northeast, is expected to draw nearly 1,000 people, many of whom work in the community-based human services sector. Event highlights include the Awards of Excellence and Peer Provider Awards, given to individuals and organizations for demonstrating dedication to and/or excellence in the human services sector. State Treasurer and Receiver General Steven Grossman, Bernie and Phyl Rubin of Bernie and Phyl’s Furniture, legislators, and human services workers and supporters will receive awards.
To obtain media credentials, please contact Bill Yelenak (email@example.com or 617.428.3637 x122).
Keynote Drew Dudley will speak at 9:15 a.m. Other times and awardees names are noted below.
Awards of Excellence (10:15 a.m.)
- Richard J. Bond Executive of the Year – Michael Moloney, HMEA (Franklin)
- Richard J. Bond Supervisor of the Year – J-D Garcia, Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries (Boston)
- Richard J. Bond Supervisor of the Year – Karen Scott Statser, Bristol Elder Services (Fall River)
- Gerry Wright Direct Service Award – Elizabeth Sommers, Pathways to Wellness (Boston)
- Gerry Wright Direct Service Award – Barbara Sumler, The Home for Little Wanderers (Boston)
- Volunteer of the Year Award – Roger Miller, ServiceNet (Northampton)
- Ruth M Batson Advocate of the Year – Janine Carreiro-Young, Brockton Interfaith Community (Brockton)
- Innovator of the Year Award – Community Work Services (Boston)
- State Employee of the Year Award – State Treasurer and Receiver General Steven Grossman
- Legislator of the Year Award – Sen. Jennifer Flanagan (Worcester & Middlesex)
- Legislator of the Year Award – Rep. David Linsky (Fifth Middlesex)
- Municipal Official of the Year – Ellen Semonoff, City of Cambridge (Cambridge)
- Business Partnership Award – Bernie and Phyl Rubin, Bernie and Phyl’s Furniture (Norton)
- Media Award – Jon Keller, WBZ-TV, Channel 4 (Boston)
Peer Provider Awards (1:30 p.m.)
- The Care Center (Holyoke)
- More Than Words (Waltham)
- Road to Responsibility (Marshfield)
- Victory Human Services (Boston)
The Providers' Council, also known as the Massachusetts Council of Human Service Providers, Inc., is the largest statewide membership association for community-based organizations providing social, rehabilitation, education and health care services.