Are you looking to become a leader in the human services field?
Would you like to work towards your professional development goals with an accomplished mentor from a peer agency?
The Leadership Initiative is a unique opportunity to increase your network in human services, expand your professional confidence, and learn from new perspectives.
What is The Leadership Initiative?
The Leadership Initiative is an inter-agency mentoring program that aims to grow future leaders of the human services sector by matching them with experienced mentors. Mentors include CEOs, chief learning officer, and more, from several Council agencies.
Mentees will meet with mentors once monthly over the course of one year to work towards their goals.
Who is eligible to participate?
Mentees are Providers' Council member agency employees who:
- have been working in the sector for at least two years;
- have been with their current agency in a position with supervisory responsibilities or have otherwise demonstrated or shown interest in progressive responsibility for at least one year, preferably two;
- intend to remain in the sector long term and would like to gain responsibility or one day lead an agency;
- can identify personal development goals and create a plan for achieving them;
- are willing to listen, learn, grow, and accept feedback from a mentor;
- can meet the time commitment of the program;
- and will devote time to pursuing their development goals outside of mentoring meeting times.
What is my agency's involvement?
In exchange for the employee's agency's support for participation in this mentoring program, the employee must agree to continue working for their current employer for at least one year after finishing the program in order to participate.
The fifth round of The Leadership Initiative will begin in September, 2016. Applications for mentees are due by August 19th, 2016. To apply, click here.
If you would like to participate in the next iteration of The Leadership Iniative, please contact Liz Woodbury at 617.428.3637 x125 or Liz@providers.org