Providers’ Council Graduate Leadership Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The Providers' Council Graduate Scholarship was created to support the Council's ongoing objective of promoting and developing the human services sector’s workforce. This scholarship is a one-time award of $10,000 for a Council member employee who is entering or is currently enrolled in a Massachusetts based Master’s degree program. Any accredited Master's program in Massachusetts is eligible, provided the applicant demonstrates in their personal statement how the program is clearly related to their future contributions to the human services sector. Scholarship applications for the 2018-2019 academic year are no longer being accepted.
- Applicants must be employees of Providers’ Council member agency. They must have worked at their agency for at least one year and currently be working at least 30 hours a week.
- The sponsoring agency of the selected candidate must be a Providers’ Council member in good standing.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, achieving at least a B (3.0) average.
- Applicants newly applying for graduate school must show evidence of acceptance by an accredited graduate school, such as an acceptance letter from an accredited graduate school.
- Applicants who have already completed a portion of their graduate education must submit an official transcript from the accredited school in which they are currently enrolled, demonstrating the earning of credit grades (ordinarily a 3 or B) in all courses officially graded by the time of application.
- Applicants must show through their resumes, personal statements, and references a commitment to the human services sector.
- The applicant must complete the Scholarship Application form and essay, in addition to the relevant college’s application (see Application Components below).
Scholarship applications must include the following:
- 2-3 page personal statement on how will graduate education will help you achieve your personal career goals and further contribute to human services.
- Statement of financial need on how this scholarship affects your ability to attend graduate school.
Letter of acceptance to a Master’s degree program at a Massachusetts college or university, or
- If you have already been taking classes in a master’s degree program, an official transcript from the school where you are currently a student.
- Official transcript from your undergraduate program.
Two letters of professional and/or academic recommendation.
- At least one letter of recommendation must come from your supervisor discussing your commitment to the field of human services, the contributions you have made to your agency, and the potential to assume a leadership position within your agency.
- Signature of approval from your agency’s executive director or CEO.
How to Apply
Scholarship applications for the 2018-2019 academic year are no longer being accepted.