The Massachusetts Council of Human Service Providers, Inc. (Providers' Council) is a statewide association of primarily nonprofit private, community-based, care-giving organizations that provide human services, health, education and vocational supports. The Council offers high quality public policy research, advocacy, communication and information, education and training, research and cost saving programs to add value to our members and to help them reach their objectives.
The Council was founded in 1975 to influence and direct public policy change to support community-based services. As the state's largest human services trade association, it is widely recognized as the official voice of the private provider industry. The Council is a membership organization that receives its primary support from its members and its business partners.
The Council is governed by a diverse board of directors who are committed to the values of the corporation, which represent our broader community of diverse caregivers.
The Board supports the Council's mission: to promote a healthy, productive and diverse human services industry.
Its core values of fairness, respect and dignity for the disenfranchised - are the cornerstone to its history of sustainable community-based solutions. The organizational values of the Council follow:
- We are committed to the delivery of high quality, accessible, community-based services that meet the needs of clients and consumers.
- We seek to serve the public and human service providers by identifying opportunities and taking action in those areas where provider self-interest and public interest are supportive of one another.
- We believe the public, clients and consumers are best served through private community-based care supported by fair and adequate funding.
- We are committed to promoting integrity, credibility and responsibility in the human services industry.
- We value results and success.
- We are dedicated to the development and maintenance of a diverse membership, representative of human service providers.