Upcoming Training: Conducting Effective Internal Investigations
Don't miss our upcoming training on Tuesday, March 24 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Register today!
At Conducting Effective Internal Investigations, participants will learn how to effectively initiate and conduct internal workplace investigations into policy violations, including complaints of discriminatory harassment, unprofessional conduct, workplace bullying and violence. Through role plays targeting all stages of the investigation process, participants will actively practice how to prepare for fact findings, how to conduct effective interviews of witnesses, how to document and write findings, and how to best craft written recommendations. Participants will be given a real life scenario and will practice information gathering, witness interviews and report writing during training. Training will also address Issues including confidentiality, retaliation, National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) standards, and recent rulings.
While particularly relevant for staff in Human Resources and legal staff, supervisors in all departments can benefit from the information and techniques presented in this training.
In this training, you will explore how to:
- Identify possible complaints relating to policy violations
- Effectively respond and communicate initial stages of investigation to complainants and witnesses
- Conduct effective witness interviews
- Understand the role of union representation during the interview process
- Draft and organize the final written investigation report
- Determine how best to communicate findings to leadership and witnesses
- This training is presented by Jean Haertl of Safety & Respect at Work, LLC.
What: Conducting Effective Internal Investigations
When: Tuesday, March 24th, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
178 Tremont Street Boston, MA 02111
Price: Member $55; Non-member $85
Click here to register.
For questions, pleace contact Ella Froggatt at firstname.lastname@example.org.