More than half of Senate signs onto Salary Reserve letter!
More than half of the state Senate has signed onto a letter authored by Senator Karen Spilka that asks Senate leadership to include a Salary Reserve for direct care workers in its FY '13 budget proposal.
Senator Spilka's staff has confirmed the following 23 senators have co-signed her letter of support. We are incredibly grateful to this bipartisan group of legislators for co-signing Senator Spilka's letter to leadership.
William Brownsberger, Harriette Chandler, Sonia Chang-Diaz, Katherine Clark, Cynthia Stone Creem, Sal DiDomenico, Kenneth Donnelly, Eileen Donoghue, Benjamin Downing, James Eldridge, Susan Fargo, Robert Hedlund, Patricia Jehlen, Brian Joyce, Michael Knapik, Thomas McGee, Michael Moore, Richard Moore, Michael Rodrigues, Stanley Rosenberg, Michael Rush, and James Welch.
According to Senator Spilka's office, only the senators listed above signed onto her letter to leadership. If your senator is listed below, but you believe he or she signed on, please contact your senator immediately so he or she may confirm with Senator Spilka's office. Because some senators are in leadership and do not co-sign letters, not all names are listed.
- Senator John Hart - 617-722-1150
- Senator Thomas Kennedy - 617-722-1200
- Senator Richard Ross - 617-722-1555
- Senator John Keenan - 617-722-1494
- Senator Anthony Petruccelli - 617-722-1637
- Senator Bruce Tarr - 617-722-1600
- Senator Mark Montigny - 617-722-1440
- Senator Barry Finegold - 617-722-1612
- Senator Marc Pacheco - 617-722-1551
- Senator James Timilty - 617-722-1222
- Senator Daniel Wolf - 617-722-1570
- Senator Jennifer Flanagan - 617-722-1230
Thank you for your advocacy and for helping to secure support for the Salary Reserve in the Senate. If you need any additional information, please contact Bill Yelenak.