Providers’ Council membership renewal underway for 2018
Providers' Council membership renewal is now underway for 2018.
The Council, working for and with more than 210 members across the state, put together a long list of accomplishments in 2017, including:
- The release of Who Will Care? The Workforce Crisis in Human Services, a report addressing the human services workforce shortages. The Council also held legislative briefings on the report and the issue;
- Proposing legislative solutions to address fair pay and student debt in our sector;
- Helping more than 30,000 employees working in the sector further their education and career goals with trainings, workshops, tuition remission, our certificate programs and through Providers' eAcademy®;
- Development of the new Jobs with Heart website to better promote positions and careers in human services, be more user-friendly and also provide tools and resources for job seekers; and
- Tthe launch of a new workforce recruitment marketing campaign to raise awareness about the varied and rewarding careers at human services nonprofit provider organizations and help draw candidates to our workforce.
Our work on these issues will carry into 2018 and our members are vital to helping us continue to move the sector forward. With uncertainty lingering around federal and state budgets and other issues, as well as 2018 being a major election year, it is more important than ever that we work together with a unified voice.
Providers' Council membership runs the course of the calendar year, January 1 to December 31, and includes many benefits beyond our public policy work and educational trainings. Please note that, thanks to our varied programs, dues rates have been held steady for 2018. Renewal packets have been sent to all current Providers' Council members by both mail and email. If you have not received your renewal packet, please email Ella Froggatt.