Five-Point Agenda Highlights 2011-2012
Each year, the Council’s board reviews our strategic plan and notes our highlights. Directors requested that we share our progress related to our Five-Point Agenda for Human Service Reform to support your organization in fulfilling its mission. Among the many great highlights over the last 12 months are (click here for a printable PDF flyer):
1) Developing and Promoting our Sector’s Workforce
- Hosted a rally at the State House with more than 1,000 members of The Caring Force.
- Secured a $10 million Salary Reserve in FY ’12 supplemental budget.
- Secured a $20 million annualized Salary Reserve in FY ’13 budget.
- Among leaders in securing a law for a low-cost retirement solution for your workers.
- Trained 350+ people at nearly 30 learning opportunities and webinars.
- Grew Providers’ eAcademy® to 15,000+ users and more than 650 courses.
2) Driving the Creation of Innovative and Effective Business Models to Serve the Public Good
- Launched “What a Great Idea!” Contest and helped members bring to fruition their new ideas.
- Held Social Enterprise forum with SEA-MA and EOHHS, attracting 60+ attendees.
- Earned Division of Insurance designation as a Qualified Association health insurance aggregator.
- Partnered with GrantStation to get members unbeatable discounts on service.
- Secured minimal increase in Delta Dental rates; locked in new pricing for two years.
3) Expanding Role of Provider and Nonprofit Sectors as Prerequisite for a Strong Economy
- Grew The Caring Force to more than 7,000 participants in less than six months.
- Fought against PILOT legislation on Beacon Hill; eliminated PILOT threat in Newton.
- Worked with national partner to turn back threat to charitable giving incentive in DC.
- Expanded sector participation at the ballot box, registering voters with CareVote.
- Developed two new websites to improve member access, engagement and knowledge sharing.
- Testified on six Council bills and other legislation.
- Joined with nonprofit allies to speak out against negative stories about compensation and sector.
4) Advocating for fair/adequate POS Systems, Govt. Rules & Practices Promoting Financial Stability
- Published report with Public Consulting Group on Trends in the Human Service Landscape.
- Appealed unfair proposed Chapter 257 rates.
- Launched Chapter 257 Watch with The Collaborative and helped form Governor’s 257 Advisory Council.
- Increased funding for employment programs on CIES contracts.
- Created new committees on Employment Services and Integrated Care to educate sector and influence policy.
5) Fostering Sector’s Innovative and Effective Models of Services to Program Participants
- Promoted innovation and social enterprise as concepts to advance excellence in sector.
- Showcased innovation in The Provider and e-digest with published circulations above 5,000.
- Assumed leadership on HHS Access Work Group to reform children’s services.
- Offered popular Social Enterprise Panel workshop at annual convention.
- Helped develop MRC Partnership Plus initiatives.
- Held forums on social impact bonds and aided members’ understanding of proposal.
The Providers’ Council is proud to continue working with you.
Please contact Meg Helming with any questions about the Council’s Five-Point Agenda for Human Service Reform or if you would like to join any of our committees.