Duals Demonstration Implementation Council members announced
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services late Tuesday afternoon announced the 21 individuals who will serve on the Duals Demonstration Implementation Council, which will play a key role in monitoring access to health care and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), tracking quality of services, providing support and input to EOHHS, and promoting accountability and transparency.
Bruce Bird, a Providers' Council board member and the president/CEO of Vinfen, will serve as a representative of The Collaborative, the trade group made up of the Providers' Council, the Association of Developmental Disabilities Providers and the Association for Behavioral Healthcare. Representatives from the Center for Human Development and Advocates, Inc. -- other Council members -- will also sit on the Council. A full list of participants is below.
The following individuals will serve as consumer representatives:
- Suzann Bedrosian
- Myiesha Demery
- Joseph Finn
- Anne Fracht
- Dennis Heaphy
- Denise Karuth
- Vivian Nunez
- Jorge Pagan-Ramos
- Olivia Richard
- Howard Trachtman
- Florette Willis
The following individuals will serve as representatives of community-based organizations:
- Theodore Chelmow – Consumer Quality Initiative
- Audrey Higbee – Center for Human Development
- Jeffrey Keilson – Advocates, Inc.
- Dale Mitchell – Ethos
- Robert Rousseau – Transformation Center / Fellowship Health Resources
- Peter Tallas – The Arc of Massachusetts
The following individuals will serve as representatives of providers and trade organizations:
- Bruce Bird – The Collaborative: Association for Behavioral Health Care, Association of Developmental Disabilities Providers, and the Provider’s Council
- David Matteodo – Massachusetts Association of Behavioral Health Systems, Inc.
- Daniel McHale – Massachusetts Hospital Association
The following individual will serve as a union representative:
- Rebecca Gutman – 1199 SEIU
All Council meetings will be open to the public. The first meeting will be held on Friday, February 15, 2013, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the State Transportation Building, conference rooms 1, 2 and 3. The transportation building is located at 10 Park Plaza in Boston.
If you have any questions about this, please contact Bill Yelenak.