DMH issues RFI on Behavioral Health integration
The Department of Mental Health (DMH) issued a Request for Information (RFI) to solicit comments on the integration of behavioral health (Mental Health/Substance Use disorders) and primary care. The information obtained through this process will be shared with members of the Behavioral Health Integration Task Force to help inform their discussions. The Behavioral Health integration Task Force was created pursuant to Section 275 of Chapter 224 of the Acts of 2012.
The RFI poses questions (see attached document) related to integration and other topics (e.g., mental health parity) specified in Section 275. To access the RFI, please follow the directions below:
- Go to http://www.comm-pass.com
- Select the "Solicitation Search" link
- Enter RFI-DMH-BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTEGRATION-FEB2013 in the Document Number Field
- Select Open from the Document Status drop-down menu
- Select the Search button
- Select the View icon for the matching record to access all current information
- Select the record's "Other Information" tab, then click the "Browse Amendment History" link to access all previous versions of this record, if any
In addition, DMH will hold two public forums to solicit oral feedback on questions posed in the RFI. The information contained below is also described in the RFI. The forums will be on:
Wednesday, March 20 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Holyoke Community College's Kittredge Center (Holyoke, MA)
Tuesday, March 26 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Gardner Auditorium in the State House (Boston, MA)
For more information, please contact Bill Yelenak.