State issues Adult Foster Care rates
The state has issued regulations for the emergency adoption for Adult Foster Care services (114.3 CMR 51.00). They are being adopted on an emergency basis in order to comply with a budget line requiring EOHHS to "propose revised rates for the adult foster care program that are effective December 1, 2013." The amendment increases adult foster care payment rates effective December 1. EOHHS estimates annual aggregate MassHealth expenditures will increase by $5.6 million as a result of the new amendment.
- AFC Level I will go from $47.13 per diem to $50.81 per diem;
- AFC Level II will go from $83.09 per diem to $85.18 per diem;
- AFC Level I Alternative Placement will go from $37.47 per diem to $50.81 per diem;
- AFC Level II Alternative Placement will go from $74.93 per diem to $85.18 per diem; and
- AFC Intake and Assessment Services remains $242.38 per admission.
A public hearing will be held on January 10, 2014 at 10 a.m. at the Center for Health Information and Analysis (2 Boylston St., 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02116). Please see the state's website for more information.