Rehab Options Specialist
The Rehab Option Specialist is responsible for the proper charting of the clinical records and ensuring that records meet Rehab Option standards. He/she will oversee the development and implementation of the clinical record to ensure compliance with paperwork timeline and guidelines.
1. Ensure the people we serve have rehabilitative treatment goals that meet Rehab Option standards.
2. Oversee all paperwork, recordkeeping, and electronic health records. Ensure Rehab Option standards are met, timelines are followed, and clinical work is reflected. Meet regularly with the Program Managers and Senior Outreach Clinicians to review all paperwork.
3. Responsible for writing a minimum of 30-35 clinical records.
4. Ensure all interventions in treatment plans match the rehabilitation goals for the client.
5. Provide initial and ongoing support and training to all program staff in Rehab Options standards, Community Based Flexible Supports (CBFS) notes, treatment plans, electronic health care records, and record keeping requirements.
6. Provide supervision to all staff responsible for writing the Individual Action Plan (IAP) and rehabilitation goals.
7. Collaborate with the Mental Health Senior Leadership Team Quality Managers to ensure charts pass Rehab Option reviews from Department of Mental Health and ensure charts are compliant with Department of Developmental Services Survey and Certification.
8. Attend all Mental Health Division staff meetings to facilitate Rehab Option discussions.
9. Attend all annual IAP team meetings.
10. Attend all treatment team meetings for any changes in IAP or rehabilitative goals.
11. Attend trainings as assigned; maintain necessary certification (CPRP, licensure).
12. Ensure that individuals we support are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Advocates' Human Rights policy.
13. Perform all duties in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
14. Strictly follow all agency Performance Standards
1. BA/BS in related field and 4 years of experience; or H.S. Diploma/GED and 6 years related experience.
2. Must be a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts or license eligible and pass Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP) exam.
3. Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
4. Must have sensitivity to the needs of the population.
5. Strong written communication skills.
6. Strong computer knowledge.
7. Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
8. Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
9. Ability to set priorities and handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
10. Ability to read English and communicate effectively in the primary language of the program to which he/she is assigned.
11. Must hold a valid drivers' license. Must have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.