There is 40-hour Recovery Counselor position available on one of our outreach teams in Greenfield, MA. Recovery Counselors provide case management and outreach recovery services to adults struggling with mental health issues in Franklin County. Qualified applicants will, through assignment by and collaboration with the Flexible Support Team Leaders, provide and assist program participants with information and strategies to support and maintain the development of pathways to the participants’ individualized mental health recovery goals.
• Maintain an outreach caseload, ability to prioritize need and manage time effectively.
• Work with individuals on attainment of daily living skills.
• Foster transition to independence by linking consumers to state services and community resources.
• Encourage meaningful employment and activities.
• Coordinate participant entitlements.
• Promote recovery from/adaptation to mental illness.
• Strengths based perspective and a strong commitment to health and wellness preferred.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Professional experience working with individuals suffering from mental health issues.
• BA or equivalent experience preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
• Ability to document events and interactions clearly and concisely in writing.
• MAP, CPR, and First Aid certifications required (agency will train).