Pine Street Inn, CSPECH Case Manager 12-18
Pine Street Inn
Req. # 12-18
LOW THRESHOLD HOUSING
LOCATION: 444 Harrison Avenue Boston
SCHEDULE:40 hours, Sunday-Thursday, 8:30am-5pm; 1 day 10:00am-6:30pm
CSPECH Case managers for the Low Threshold Housing program. Case management will provide a program structure for supporting chronically homeless individuals transitioning into permanent housing in scattered site and congregate settings according to the program’s established goals. The case manager is the primary point of contact for each assigned client and is responsible for working with the client to develop an individual service plan designed to support the client’s long-term stability in housing. The case manager also links project participants with mental health and substance abuse treatment; treatment for trauma and co-occurring disorders; and conducts follow-up activities. The case manager accurately completes all required client record forms, service documentation and administrative forms.
• A bachelor’s degree
• Basic computer literacy.
• A valid Mass driver’s license in good standing
• One (1) year of case management experience working with homeless and chronically homeless individuals suffering from complex disabilities in housing settings and/or in emergency services departments.
• Strong commitment to learning and using harm reduction and CTI/Critical Time Intervention techniques.
• Knowledge of Boston area housing resources and social service agencies.
• Knowledge of effective crisis intervention techniques.
• Knowledge of mental health and substance abuse services and experience working with clients who have untreated mental health and substance use disorders.
• Ability to drive eight-passenger PSI vans in order to transport tenants as needed