Members-only Webinar: Tax Reform is Here! How Does it Affect Your Nonprofit Organization?
Effective as of January 1, 2018, HR 1 is the most sweeping federal tax legislation since 1986, and affects almost all types of businesses and individuals. And, while that is what a majority of news outlets have focused on, there has been little discussion about those changes that affect tax-exempt organizations.
Items affecting donors, tax-exempt employers and employees, as well as how income will be calculated, will impact how you plan for this year and beyond. We want to take this opportunity to connect with you as early as possible to help your organization navigate these changes to ensure your continued success.
After this session, you should be able to:
- Recognize the potential effect that changes to the standard deduction and estate tax exclusion may have on charitable giving;
- Identify changes that will affect nonprofit organizations, including executive compensation, unrelated business income tax, higher education endowment income, taxation of fringe benefits, event tickets and tax-exempt bonds;
- Describe the changes that will affect employers, including new tax credits, treatment of achievement awards, employee meals, tuition benefits and the repeal of the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate; and
- Consider how policies, procedures and discussions with vendors (such as payroll service providers) may need to be revisited.
- Timothy (Tim) Warren, CPA, CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP
- Fazal S. Hussain, CPA, MST, CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP
Click here to register for this members-only webinar taking place on April 5th from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Please note, only the first 100 attendees will be able to join the webinar, however, it will be recorded and sent to all registrants, whether they attend or not. If you have any questions about this webinar or would like to receive the recording, contact Amanda McCarthy by email or phone: 617.428.3637 x128.
Member price: $0
Non-member price: N/A